GATE 2017 Exam Pattern: GATE is an all-India examination conducted jointly by the IIT’s& IISc in eight zones over the country. The score is used for admissions to saveral post-graduate programmes in Indian higher education institutes. In entire GATE papers, there are full 65 questions carrying 100 marks. The duration of GATE exam is 3 hours. The question paper dwells of one multiple choice questions (MCQ) and the other numerical answer type questions. In the papers with the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics section carries around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section consists 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is dedicated to the subject of the paper. In the papers with the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section carries 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
General Details about the Exam Pattern of GATE 2017
- The Tests for all the papers will be held in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in which will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen to the applicants.
- Applicants have to select the answer (for MCQ type) and enter the answer for numerical answer type question to use a mouse on a fundamental keyboard (keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
- Each applicant will be given with a scribble pad for rough work. The scribble pad has to be returned after the examination.
- At the end of the 3-hour window, the computer will accordingly close the screen from further actions.
Exam Pattern of GATE 2017
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions : 65||Total Marks : 100||Total Duration : 3 hours|
|Technical Section :
|General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics :
|25 marks to 40 marks will allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
Types of Questions in GATE 2017
GATE 2017will be consist questions of two different types in various papers
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ):
- These questions dwells 1 or 2 marks in all papers and sections.
- These questions are objective in pattern, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
Numerical Answer Questions:
- These carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers and sections.
- For these questions the answer is a real number, to be typed by the applicant using the virtual keypad.
- No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
|Questions Type||Marks||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
Note: – This webpage is totally dedicated to GATE 2017 Exam Pattern. Bookmark this webpage to get latest information regarding GATE 2017 Exam Pattern.